Display Ship To Address fields by default

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Display Ship To Address fields by default

Postby oztrail » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi, I'm fairly new to VM and still finding my way around - apologies if this is a purely VM question.

I want to display the "Add/Edit shipment address" fields by default so that the user sees both Billing & Shipping address fields (I'm using only Guest checkout at this stage).

Is there a way to make this happen by default?

Thanks
Brett
oztrail

Re: Display Ship To Address fields by default

Postby admin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:37 pm

hello Brett, are you using our OPC or not ? i do not know much about VM core checkout as i find lot's of issues with it and it's heavily theme dependend.

within our opc, there is no option to open the ST by default because ST has always a priority. There is a mode in OPC where just one ST is always allowed and the customer must fill it - this is especially true for logged in users.

You should explain what exactly you'd need so i can advise a more specific config or options. The problem with ST is that once it is filled (or opened) it's always used by the plugins (calculation, shipping, payment) and thus would not allow shipping refresh if the customer only fills the Bill To address.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby oztrail » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks Stan

Yes, I am using your One Page Checkout.

What I would like at checkout is:

Guest Checkout: On
Billing To Address: Show
Ship To Address: Show

I tried "Enable only one shipping address per LOGGED-IN customer": ON
and "Always force shipping address to be entered. (there will be no add shipping address checkbox)": ON

but this did not make any difference (probably as I am not allowing / asking customers to log in).

Hope this makes sense and you can see what I need. With our site, it's not likely that our customers will order weekly (or even monthly) so we don't see the need for user registration and want to make things as obvious as possible by having both BT and ST address fields shown at once.

Thanks and regards
Brett
oztrail

Postby admin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:51 pm

hello Brett, actually it should do the trick - can you please try a few of the OPC's themes from the display tab. Maybe the features enabled are just not implemented into the one that you current are using. as far as i remember i might have been developing this on "clean_simple2"

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby oztrail » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks Stan

OK, I was using band_box but I have tried the following with no success:

Clean Simple
Clean Simple 2
Rocket Theme Blue
Three Column Special Blue
Icetheme css responsive
Jtouch mobile
Pbv multi
Reviver
Sandwitch

Thanks
Brett
oztrail

Postby admin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:36 pm

hello Brett, i just did this modification for one of my customers who sell flowers and needs the shipping address to be opened all the time.

Please enable both options in OPC (which you already did)
- shipping only one
- always opened

this also requires to modify onepage.unlogged.tpl.php

for band_box locate:

Code: Select all
<div id="shipTo_box">
   <div id="shipTo_head" class="bandBoxStyle"><?php echo OPCLang::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_SHIPTO_LBL'); ?></div>
   <div id="shipTo_container">
      <label><input type="checkbox" id="sachone" name="sa" value="adresaina" onkeypress="showSA(sa, 'idsa');" onclick="javascript: showSA(sa, 'idsa');" autocomplete="off" />
      <?php echo OPCLang::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_ADD_SHIPTO_LBL');  ?></label>
      <div id="idsa" style="display: none;">
      <?php echo $op_shipto; // will list shipping user fields from ps_userfield::listUserFields with modification of ids and javascripts ?>
      </div>
   </div>
</div>

and change to:
Code: Select all
<div id="shipTo_box">
   <div id="shipTo_head" class="bandBoxStyle"><?php echo OPCLang::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_SHIPTO_LBL'); ?></div>
   <div id="shipTo_container">
      <label><input type="hidden" id="sachone" name="sa" value="adresaina" onkeypress="showSA(sa, 'idsa');" onclick="javascript: showSA(sa, 'idsa');" autocomplete="off" />
      <?php echo OPCLang::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_ADD_SHIPTO_LBL');  ?></label>
      <div id="idsa" >
      <?php echo $op_shipto; // will list shipping user fields from ps_userfield::listUserFields with modification of ids and javascripts ?>
      </div>
   </div>
</div>

admin
Site Admin

Postby oztrail » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:24 am

OK thanks for that Stan - I'll give that a try.

Regards
Brett
oztrail

Postby admin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:30 pm

hello brett, because while working on the same request at the other customer i had discovered a possible issue with the ship to address, i suggest that you update to 276 version. please reporting any issues to my email at info@rupostel.com and i can swiftly help you.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2