JTOUCH and OPC

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Re: JTOUCH and OPC

Postby admin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm

hello marco, i would like to finish this request for you and i added /components/com_onepage/three_column.../jtouch.css where i can override the rendered output from jtouch theme, but it seems you have some page-caching solution that is not compatible with virtueamrt at all.

once the cache is created, functions like:
- add to cart
- update product in the cart
- cart delete
- change user information

do not work at all. Please disable any page cache plugins that you have especially "system - cache" which by itself does not work with virtuemart.

the jtouch seems to be using an UI javascript tookit and it messes up all CSS rendered by other 3rd party themes including your product pages (quantity update buttons). i tried to check their documentation page, but there is no manuals on how to disable their UI tookit for sections of the site or a view at all.

i do not think that the version of jtouch which you installed is a proper one for general virtuemart use. i would suggest that you get a responsive theme, or just a theme switcher that does not use the jtouch aggressive javascript generated css.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby marcovanhattem@.....com » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:09 am

Just for anyone that is facing the same challenges, Stan is helping out way beyond expected and Stan it is much appreciated! Jtouch people are no where to be found and jtouch is the cause of the trouble not OPC.
marcovanhattem@.....com

Postby admin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:11 pm

hello marco, i added a special new option to opc (in 251+) to change opc theme per mobile device. i will style one theme to suit the jtouch default theme for you, so you can use different theme for your desktop customers and the new one for the jtouch customers.

you still should find which plugin does the caching at your site. without this, your virtuemart will never work properly.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:25 pm

hello marco, i think i've located the problem with your installation, please disable caching here:

it seems that jtouch is not compatible with virtuemart when caching is enabled (it causes lot's of troubles)

i am going to create a new jtouch theme, so you can choose it within the display tab as there is no way to customize opc's css to suit the jtouch aggresive javascript styling.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby marcovanhattem@.....com » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:08 am

Thanks a lot for your help Stan. I disabled the cache as you said but the site looks a bit strange now and I found this being a setting as per the image.
If I set the "Use Built-in jQuery" to yes the site looks good but OPC doesn't if I set it to no the site doesn't look as good but OPC looks fine.
cheers
Marco
Attachments
jtouch_temp.PNG
jtouch_temp.PNG (14.15 KiB) Viewed 13119 times
marcovanhattem@.....com

Postby admin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:05 pm

hello marco, i believe later today i will be releasing a brand new "jquery mobile theme for opc" that will suit your needs exactly. you can check on the developement with your mobile OR with user-agent override on vm2onj25.rupostel.com where i intalled the jtouch and where i am creating the new theme.

so you should have the new all updated "jtouch only" theme ready later today.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby marcovanhattem@.....com » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:15 am

cool I'll look forward to the new template
marcovanhattem@.....com

Previous

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2